NutraCo Application Process / Computer Matching
- The NutraCo Dietetic Internship Program is using the online centralized internship application, DICAS, accessible at https://portal.dicas.org
- DICAS will be available for the Spring 2023 Computer Match Process by late October 2022. For more information on DICAS and the match process please visit: https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/students-and-advancing-education/application-process-for-students
- The DICAS application must be submitted by 11:59PM Central Time on February 15th.
- Submit the required fee of $50 for the first application and $25 for each additional application. Contact customer support directly if you need accommodations or assistance at 617-612-2885 or email@example.com
- Include all required items in your application for DICAS :
- Personal Statement-must include answering the following questions in 1000 words or less:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss expreriences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strenghs and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision.
- Official transcripts from all colleges / universities attended, whether a degree was obtained or not.
- Three letters of recommendation, must include name/contact information for each person
- Signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement from the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Director.
- Program Materials (within DICAS application)
- Answer all program-specific questions within the DICAS application under “Program Materials.”
- Once the required information is completed in the DICAS application, an application fee invoice will be generated to the email address provided. Submit a non-refundable application fee of $80 payable to NutraCo LLC. Only an ACH Bank Transfer or credit card payment are acceptable.
- A preceptor is required for each rotation. Preference will be given to applicants who have all their sites and preceptors secured. However, you may apply even if you are unable to secure any preceptors. NutraCo DI provides assistance with securing rotation sites and preceptors once an applicant is accepted to the program. Each preceptor is required to complete the Preceptor Qualifications Form.
Graduate School Application (if applicable)
- Applicants should ideally apply to both the dietetic internship and the preferred graduate school concurrently or via preselect if available.
- The University of Alabama – MS in Human Nutrition: Apply here
- University of South Florida – MPH Concentration in Nutrition and Dietetics: Apply here
- Middle Tennessee State University – MPS Leadership in Nutrition: Apply here
D&D Digital Registration Requirements – First Round Applicants Only
Register for matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, pay the required fee of $65, and prioritize NutraCo Dietetic Internship (number 851) for matching before the deadline date of February 15th for Spring match at 11:59PM CT. See D&D Digital for more information. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact D&D Digital customer support directly at 515-292-0490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For DPD programs and graduate programs that participate in the preselect process with NutraCo DI, please see the linked page here.
Admission for preselect is rolling. The sooner the application is submitted, the greater the chance that the student will be accepted into the program.
Preselect Application Process:
- In order to apply via preselect, email the Program Director, Dawn Hershey at email@example.com, prior to the preselect deadline to notify us of your interest.
- After notifying our program, submit your application to NutraCo DI through DICAS along with all supplemental application materials. The application fee must also be submitted by the preselect deadline.
- Request your transcript early to avoid a delay in NutraCo DI receiving the transcript.
- Students applying to the preselect option must meet the same admission criteria as all other applicants to the program.
- The deadline to apply to the preselect option is January 15th with selection decisions made by February 1st.
- Applicants accepted via preselect to the DI program do not have to participate in the D&D Digital computer matching.
- Preselect applicants who are not accepted are able to apply to alternate dietetic internship programs by the February 15th (Match Day) deadline.
Second Round Instructions
If NutraCo Dietetic Internship has open spots following the first round match, interested applicants may apply to the second round starting at 11:00AM CT on April 5, 2023.
Second round applicants must follow these instructions:
- Apply through DICAS – you may use your original DICAS application and add NutraCo Dietetic Internship as a designated program.
- Be sure all Supporting Materials that are specific to our program are provided, and answer all Supplemental Questions within the DICAS application. This includes the Personal Statement and Letters of Recommendation.
- It is highly recommended (but not required) to obtain at least one preceptor and submit the completed Preceptor Qualifications Form.
- Pay the $80 non-refundable application fee by ACH transfer or credit card.
- Once your application is received, NutraCo DI may choose to conduct either a phone or video platform interview.
- You will be notified of our decision to offer you a spot in our program either by phone or email, using the information provided in the DICAS application. You will not be notified if you are not offered a spot.
- If you do not accept our offer immediately, your spot is not guaranteed.
- Contact the Program Director, Dawn Hershey at firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.
After the match, you are conditionally accepted into the NutraCo Dietetic Internship program. You will receive an email from the program with instructions on the next steps required to complete the acceptance process.
To be submitted immediately upon acceptance to the DI program, as applicable:
- Submit an original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent from the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Director.
- Submit final official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit acceptance letter to graduate school, if applicable.
- For any students accepted to graduate school, submit a signed FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Release Form, or comparable document (to be provided by the graduate program). The form must be submitted to both the graduate degree program (upon acceptance to graduate school) and to NutraCo DI.
- Submit additional forms of identity such as close-up photo and driver’s license.
- Interns accepted to our program will be charged a non-refundable deposit of $1,750 to be paid within 10 business days of accepting a spot in our program. Payment of this fee reserves your spot in the program.
To be completed/submitted prior to starting supervised practice rotations:
- Complete the following with Adam Safeguard:
- Background Check (verification of identity) – cost varies depending on the state and sales tax
- Urine Drug Screening
- Complete compliance tracking for medical clearance through SentryMD.
- Program Policy related to COVID-19 vaccination: NutraCo Dietetic Internship utilizes the policies of the supervised practice sites. Interns may be required to show evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination as most supervised practice sites do require interns to have this vaccination; otherwise, they may not be able to complete the program.
- Submit proof of health insurance and professional liability insurance.
- Submit a copy of your Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student membership; must be valid for the time you will be completing supervised practice rotations (typically August – May).
- Full tuition must be paid prior to starting supervised practice rotations unless a payment plan has been approved.